Tuesday, November 01, 2005

New look "My Haven"

Made some changes with my blog. Why "My Haven"? I have two reasons: 1. Though my blog is where I pour out my thoughts and what's happening to me, I feel that I can always escape or go back here? Do I make sense? Haha... 2. I've been thinking of Baron this past week (don't know why). Brief story of who Baron was: He was Mark Welson Chua (aka Baron by close friends). My friend in college. He was killed when we were in 2nd year. You may have heard the story in the news. He was killed because he exposed what was happening in the ROTC. The killers were ROTC commanders (with high positions or something like that) and yes, one of the guy was convicted last year of what he did. The others are still hiding. Anyways, he liked playing counterstrike and his name was always Havenguy. I asked him why and he said "Haven is a place of refuge or rest, a sanctuary. And I see myself as takbuhan ng mga tao whenever they have problems." So I thought this may be my tribute in memory of him. It's been 5 years since he died but I still remember him from time to time especially when my spirit is low. He was a really good friend and I miss going to him for comfort and advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home