Xiamen, China
February 15, 2006
My day to leave for China. I only have one hour of sleep because i went out with the J&J Berks for the last time and finished packing for the last time. My mom cried when she said goodbye to me. =( I don't want to cry anymore because I cried na with the J&J Berks but still I was crying nung papuntang Kalaw (I'm such a crybaby). Before 9:00am I was texting everyone to say goodbye, will miss them and talked to a few people on the phone. We left around 9:00am and landed in Xiamen Airport by 11:30am. It was the first time for me to see China. =) It feels like I'm also in the Philippines but colder and cleaner. Saka mas malupit pa mga driver dito kesa sa Phils. Kakatakot sila magdrive.
We stayed at Hua Quiao Hotel (not sure of the spelling.. hehe) near Zhong Shan Lu. Shopping center ata yung Zhong Shan Lu.. saw branded stores. I also saw Watsons, Bench Body, etc. =) We met Cheryl (family friend of my Aunt who also studied Mandarin and now working here) and Gilbert's family (kabarkada ni Edison who will be his roommate). We checked some rooms in a condo in front of the University. We then reserved one room for me and one room for both Edison and Gilbert. =)
My first night in Xiamen? I slept 12 hours straight! haha...
February 16 & 17, 2006:
We walked the whole street of Zhong Shan Lu. We bought some thermal for me because it's cold (I haven't used it yet... hehe..) We also went back to the Condo to sign the contract for the rooms. These are the days that we just ate and sleep. hehe... (I'm catching up some sleep!)

Edison making faces =)
February 18, 2006
We woke up early to leave our things in the condo then went to University to enroll. In the afternoon, we bought a sim card to use here and things for our room. =) It's my first time to be alone and sleep alone. I was so afraid that I called some friends in the Phils. to keep me company before I sleep. hehe...
February 19, 2006
Our (me and Edison) first day to be alone here in Xiamen (no parent supervision.. hehe...). It's also the first day na nagpicture picture kami. =)


February 20, 2006
Orientation and exam to check which level we belong. I'm in beginner's class! hahaha... I need to know daw pinyin. hehe... I really hope I will learn to speak Mandarin well. =)
These are my new found friends... =)
with Franci
Sobra kulit nila Edison, James, Ronald and Gilbert! hehe... =)


Kulang pa ko sa mga pictures! hehe... =)
February 21, 2006
Bought anew Laptop! =) My new baby! Quiet lang... ssshhhh... Di alam aunt ko meron binigay si papa na pang bili ko laptop. I was suppose to buy one before I leave but I thought I'll just use the Internet Cafe here. Edison said I should buy na if ever we saw a cheap with good specs laptop then have my own internet connection. And we found one! It's an Asus brand with 1 GB ram, 60GB memory and more than 1 year warranty. hehe... =) Edison said my laptop has a higher specs than his laptop and he just bought it before we leave.

Will keep you updated with what's happening here. We're still exploring Xiamen. hehe... Please post your comment on my multiply account as I cannot see my blogsite here in China. I miss the Philippines na. My friends, family and my Happy Foods! hehe...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home