Thursday, July 06, 2006

Next Step...

This week is our last week in school and it's our final exams, just one more test! (still have one tomorrow). As of last week, I still don't know what to do after this week. I have told you that I was asking God for His guidance for the next step in my life, which He has always guided me. I think that when you're at your worst, that's when you feel that God is beside you. Last sunday, Jumie and I went to church. I woke up feeling really bad about myself (don't ask), I feel that I have lost hope. Then the funny thing is the topic in the worship service is found in James 1:2-12, which is one of my favorite verses.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1: 2-8 "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

The speaker even said: "What is pure joy? eating? eating chocolate? Maybe we should substitute chocolate with pure joy. Consider it chocolate when you face trails of many kinds" which everyone really laughs because everyone likes chocolates and it's really a comfort food. hehe... I was really comforted by the message. Last monday, I called my dad to ask if I can still study for another semester because I really feel that my chinese is not enough to find work here and he said yes! So I was really happy, already planning with Joyce and all. Then tuesday came, I got a call that I was to be interviewed and I got a job offer. (Talk about giving you options) Joyce told me you should work. hehe... Well, that's what I'm gonna do. Try to work here. It's still temporary because I still have to be trained for 2 months. If I don't like the work I can always go back studying and if I like it I can have a tutor to study more chinese. So everything is a win-win situation. And what I'm most happy about is that my greatest desire may be answered. =) Funny how God really works in my life. hehe... Keep you updated if what I want to do is part of my answered prayers. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home